This post is a tutorial on how to install owncloud on a DLink DNS-320 NAS.
Is tested on DNS-320 NAS but basically applies to any device that supports implementation of fun_plug.
Steps to achieve that are:
- Install fun_plug0.5 or fun_plug0.7 on the NAS
- Install Debian on the NAS.
- Install owncloud on the NAS.
- Configure webserver to change webserver’s listening port. This helps in case you want to do port forwarding since many ISP’s have port 80 blocked.
1. Install fun_plug0.5 or fun_plug0.7 on the NAS
Follow one of the bellow links to install fun_plug on NAS:
2. Install Debian on the NAS
Follow link bellow to install Debian Squeeze on NAS
3. Install owncloud on the NAS.
Follow link bellow to install owncloud on NAS. Avoid any errors ate the moment.
4. Configure webserver to change webserver’s listening port.
Last thing to do is to configure webserver to listen to different port as the NAS by itself has a build in webserver.
Im using vim to edit configuration files.
1. Get root access to NAS.
2. Edit the ports.conf file
- vim /etc/apache2/ports.conf
- Change the bellow entries (8888 is the new port number)
3. Edit the 000-default file
- vim /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default
- Change the below entry
4. Restart apache webserver
- service apache2 restart
5. Visit owncloud your from fav browser http :// < your_ip > :8888/owncloud